The race starts from Egremont fire station and covers trail, cross-country and fell with an ascent of Dent fell.
For those who raced last year note that there are a few changes from last year's race, with fewer marshals and signage.
- Date & time: Tue 18th Sep 2019 at 18:00
- Category: BM
- Distance: 8.1 m
- Climb: 1312ft
- Venue: Egremont Fire Station, CA22 2DY
- Parking: West Lakes Academy
- Grid ref: NY012109 (registration and start)
- Registration opens: 5pm
- Minimum age: 18
- Entry cost: £3
- Kit requirement: May require Waterproof top & whistle depending on weather. Either local knowledge or a map would also be useful - there will be significantly fewer marshals and tapes this year. If you are not confident of the route or your own navigation you will be allowed to take a GPS device on this race.
Route choice is allowed, as long as all three checkpoints are visited. The route will be flagged/marshalled to Briscoe Mill bridge.
CP1 Bridge north of Longland lake (NY012109)
CP2 Dent summit(NY038131)
CP3 Lane junction near Moss Dalts (NY027111)
See suggested race route below (map, profile & GPX file) - there may be better routes between checkpoints, but you must not climb over any walls.
Race sponsor Kong Adventure